LITIGATION CONSULTANT AND APPELLATE LITIGATOR
● 20 Years As Appellate Lawyer in Solo Practice Working As Co-Counsel to Law Firms Representing Business, Municipalities, and Individual Clients
● Law Practice On Appeal and In Trial Courts, As Co-Counsel, To Win Case & Avoid An Appeal
● 5 Years Experience As Judicial and Appellate Law Clerk, including
● Judicial Law Clerk To Michigan Supreme Court Justice (2 years), And
● Judicial Law Clerk to A Federal Appeals Court Judge (in U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit, in Wilmington, Delaware) (1 year), And
● Legal Intern in Appellate Division of Delaware Attorney General’s Office
● HARVARD UNIVERSITY, B.A.* 1985. (*Cum Laude in Honors Program in Social Studies)
● GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY LAW CENTER, J.D., 1989.
MISSION OF LAW PRACTICE:
● Winning Litigation For Clients In Trial Courts and On Appeal By Focusing Pleadings and Proofs To Persuade Judge To Accept Our View of Facts and Law.
● Staff Intern to U.S. Senator Carl Levin in U.S. Senate office in D.C. (1988);
● Staff Intern to U.S. Senator Donald Riegle in U.S. Senate in D.C. and Flint (1980-81).
APPELLATE PRACTICE LEADERSHIP POSITIONS
● Founding Co-Chair, Michigan Appellate Bench Bar Conference Foundation, Inc. (1995-2000) (Committee responsible to organize and plan appellate conference held bi-annually); between appellate lawyers and judges on Court of Appeals and Supreme Court);
● Principal Original Sponsor and Planner of First Michigan Appellate Bench Bar Conference;
● Appellate Practice Section, State Bar of Michigan Officer (1995- 2002 Terms);
● State Appellate Courts Administration Committee (Official liaison committee between State Bar and judges and staff of Michigan Court of Appeals), Officer (1995-1998 Term).